Thursday, April 24, 2008

SandieBlack does CNN



I had seen a few parodies on YouTube of the milkshake bowling scene by Daniel Day Lewis, where he won an Oscar for overacting and a limp in the film, "There Will Be Blood." I admit, I wanted to do my own version, but thought, I can't do it unless I can have my own take on it. On April Fool's day, when Hillary challenged Obama to "get out of the gutter" and "bowl for delegates" even quipping that she would spot him two frames, the light went off in my brain. I would be dressed like Hillary, do the but Daniel Day Lewis bowling scene with Obama, played by my pal Roland Verity. I'd call it,
"There Will Be Hillary - Bowling for Delegates." YouTube featured the video on their news and politics page on April 3rd, and on April 7th and 8th, CNN aired part of my clip in a piece by Jeanne Moos called, "Hillary bowls - badly."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NY Times -
"Mr. Day-Lewis’s outsize performance, with its footnote references to Huston and strange, contorted Kabuki-like grimaces, occasionally breaks the skin of the film’s surface like a dangerous undertow. The actor seems to have invaded Plainview’s every atom, filling an otherwise empty vessel with so much rage and purpose you wait for him to blow. It’s a thrilling performance, among the greatest I’ve seen, purposefully alienating and brilliantly located at the juncture between cinematic realism and theatrical spectacle."