Saturday, November 24, 2007

Pushing Buttons in the Studio with Keny G

I told AishaBella about my concept for a parody of the famous song by the Pussycat Dolls called, "Buttons." She laughs at my concept and the following day calls me on the phone to sing me the song parody she has written overnight. Aisha is in her last year of high school, but two weeks with her has taught me a thing or two. Her rendition is excellent, and it really needs no changes or editing, but we end up making changes together because the music video that is already in my head requires some explanations. A few days later, we are filming the music video, even before going into the studio to sing the song. She has memorized the words, I haven't, so of course she is the lead Pussycat. Click on image for viddy.


On Friday night, we went into Keny's studio. We filmed our singing, we took pix. Aisha even pushed some of the Pro Tool engineering buttons while Keny laid down a few vocal tracks. I can't wait to edit this mo fo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I can't wait, either! Get to work, Sandrita! Love the pic of you with black hair. YOWSER!! When I first saw it in your new background I thought it was from an old vid where you had dark hair. But now I know It's recent. Did you do it for the new video or just wanted a change? NEway, looking forward to seeing the new vid. Be cool! Donnito.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Where is the video you MADE from MY favourite SONG?